Sites at Northeastern, a service available to all members of the Northeastern community, is continuously evolving with new features and enhancements based on feedback and rigorous quality testing. Keep checking this page often to stay in the know about new templates, features, and updates to the service.
Have questions about any changes or feedback to be considered for future updates? Contact Web Solutions.
Version 3.3.1 – April 24, 2023 – This version has been updated for plugin patches.
Additional information for version 3.3.1:
- Breadcrumb NavXT: The latest version of this plugin will ask a site Administrator to “Migrate Now” under Settings > BreadCrumb NavXT in order to change any of this plugin’s general settings. This one-time process will only take a few seconds to complete.
- SVG Support: The latest version of this plugin defaults to allow only users with an Administrator role to upload SVG images. If you are an Editor and wish to upload SVG images, but don’t have privileges, please contact your site Administrator to allow Editor access under Settings > SVG Support, “Restrict SVG Uploads To?”
Version 3.3 – March 28, 2023 – This version has been updated to enhance functionality.
Additional updates made in version 3.3:
- Bug fixes
Version 3.2 – December 15, 2022 – This version has been updated to improve content and accessibility.
Additional updates made in version 3.2:
- Updates made to Latest Posts block, refined heading levels in page templates, reusable blocks, and block patterns
- Additional enhancements for screen readers and contrast
- Bug fixes
Version 3.1 – September 22, 2022 – This version has been updated to include a dynamic navigation menu that is an out-of-the-box solution for mobile and desktop.
Additional updates made in version 3.1:
- Introduced formatting updates for tablet view
- Bug fixes
- Instructions to update the navigational menu for mobile
Version 3.0 – July 21, 2022 – This version has been updated to include a library of examples of the pre-designed patterns in practice.
Additional updates made in version 3.0:
- Introduced a theme specific 404 Error page
- Introduced the Sites Updates page to highlight the changes made for each version of Sites.
- Updated functionality to the mobile self-service site selection experience
Version 2.2 – June 16, 2022 – This version has been updated to include a clubs and organizations template. This addition brings the template library to 6 template options.
Additional updates made in version 2.2:
- Bug fixes
Version 2.1 – June 9, 2022 – This version has been updated to include two new templates, the campaign template, and the conferences and events template.
Additional updates made in version 2.1:
- Updates made to the mobile Sites at Northeastern experience to improve the typography of certain blocks.
- Release of a new pre-designed block pattern
Version 2.0 – May 16, 2022 – This version has updated the Sites at Northeastern experience to expand the self-service functionality to allow for a user to select from a library of pre-designed templates.
Additional updates in version 2.0:
- The self-service wizard used to create sites now allows for multiple template offerings. All templates provide template-specific instructional copy within each block to describe how to best use the blocks. Templates added using the Flex Theme:
- Portfolio template
- Lab/research template
- Business unit template
- The CampusPress Flex Theme was implemented to provide an enhanced front-end editing experience. Flex Theme features:Enhanced accessibility integration
- Pre-designed patterns are available in the theme
- Sites at Northeastern (sites.northeastern.edu) have been updated to reflect both the Flex Theme and the resources that support the Flex editing experience.
- Knowledge base articles expanded to support the Flex Theme:
- Northeastern developed knowledge articles
- Direct links to the CampusPress Flex Theme-specific resources.
Version 1.0 – Early 2021 – This version has updated the Sites experience at Northeastern to allow a user to self-provision a site with a Northeastern domain.
Additional updates in version 1.0:
- Sites at Northeastern introduced templates for portfolio and academic admin sites.
- A self-service experience made available for portfolio sites
- Front-end development available powered by CampusPress using the Divi Theme